I love to speak with students, teachers, and other readers and writers. Please contact me [insert hyperlink] about a virtual or in-person visit. We’ll discuss your needs and goals and design a presentation that meets them.
There are many topics we could cover! Here are some ideas to start with:
- my books
- their content (nature, transformations, botany, geology, cybersecurity)
- how STEAM subjects (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math) are related
- where writers get ideas
- tips on the writing process (creativity, patience, persistence, and more!)
- having fun with nonfiction
- creative writing about nature.
We can do read-aloud’s, Q&A’s, presentations, games, or a combination of these.
8.10.21 Live webinar for Montessori Family Alliance: “Science—An Open Door to Creativity: How Science Connects Kids to Nature, Arts, Literature, and More”
11.6.21 Live webinar with SCBWI IN: “Opportunities in Nonfiction: A Vast, Vibrant Genre from Board Books to Middle Grade”